Hundreds of migrants are in need of urgent assistance, having arrived in Denver in recent weeks from countries in South and Central America. City officials say they are preparing for more arrivals as people seek safety from unrest and political turmoil in their home countries and shelter from the extreme cold. JEWISHcolorado’s Jewish Community Relations Council (JCRC), in partnership with many community organizations including Temple Emanuel, has been working with Denver’s Office of Human Rights and Community Partnerships.
The following items are most needed.
- Items needed: (*please do not bring or drop off anything that is not explicitly listed. There is no luggage or storage, so extras are not yet something that feels helpful).
- New or *very* gently used winter coats (men, women, children, infants) —in particular, small and medium
- New or *very* gently used clothing for adults (including cold weather clothing)
- Men’s sizes small, medium, and large – especially sizes small and medium
- Women’s sizes small, medium, and large—especially sizes small and medium
- Long sleeve shirts (men, women, unisex)
- Sweatshirts/sweaters (men, women, unisex)
- Sweatpants (men, women, unisex)
- Pants (men and women)
- Shoes (closed toe gym shoes) (boys, girls, men and women) (Men’s size 7 – 10, Women’s size 5 – 8)
- New Men’s and Women’s underwear
- New Women’s sports bras
- New Socks (men, women, unisex)
Temple Emanuel (51 Grape Street) is the East Denver donation location and is receiving donations on at the following schedules. Volunteers are needed to receive, sort, and box donations.
The schedule and link to volunteer is:
You may also donate cash to