2022-23 NCJW Colorado Board
President: Jacqui Beckett
I am an attorney. My practice focuses on ethics and compliance worldwide and specializes in anti-corruption and fraud. I build compliance and ethics programs for companies and help them with governance issues. I also provide training for employees, board members and stakeholders. In my free time, I love to travel, cook, hike and take pictures. I have a wonderful husband of 30 years and two children 25 and 22.
President-Elect: Michelle Reiff
Born and raised in Massapequa, New York, Michelle Reiff has lived in Denver since 1985 after meeting her husband (a Denver native) in law school. Michelle is a lawyer by education, but spent the last 30-plus years raising her three amazing children—the accomplishment of which she is most proud. At the same time, Michelle volunteered for school and community activities and organizations. Michelle is the founder and manager of GreasePaint Script House, through which she offers her original musicals, adapting to the particular needs of each group producing a show. In addition to NCJW Colorado, Michelle currently sits on the Anti Defamation League’s Mountain States Regional board, and the Architectural Control Committee of her neighborhood HOA. Michelle is proud, honored, and excited to be NCJW Colorado’s President-Elect for the coming year.
- Community Service Co-Vice President: Patti Jo Streltzer
- I am from St. Louis, Missouri. After having lived abroad, I settled in Denver many years ago. I have experience working in the fields of education and law and now run a patient advocate service. I am married to Jerry.
- Community Service Co-Vice President: Naomi Kirshner
- Naomi is from Durham NC and is in the process of a career change having completed her masters in Social Work in May. During her masters program she did her fellowship work at Jewish Family services working with the elderly and before returning to school was in charge of programing for the Alliance. She volunteers with Agape Hospice, visiting patients, and with Habitat for Humanity through the Habitat Interfaith Alliance coalition of churches and synagogues. She likes to read, hike, and be surrounded by flowers. She have a miniature poodle mix who also likes to hike. Naomi is an NCJW scholarship recipient and has served on that committee.
- Membership Co-Vice President: Eileen Dumas
- Born in Denver, went to school here. I attended CU Boulder and Indiana University Bloomington for graduate school. I’m a retired librarian— both academic and public. Joined NCJW six years ago and am passionate about supporting women’s right to choose, protecting the right to vote, and the environment. She is a volunteer at the Art Museum and has been an election judge.
- Membership Co-Vice President: Chandra Rosenthal
- I am an attorney with an environmental conservation group, Public Employees for Environmental Responsibility. My husband, Gil, and I have three kids and are members of Rodef Shalom. I am looking forward to meeting you all in mu new position at NCJW.
- Public Affairs Vice President: Leila Covigaru
- I grew up in a reform family in Allentown, PA., in a home very supportive of Israel. I spent a few summers in Israel and then went for a college year abroad at Hebrew University and ended up staying 5 years, during which time I went to Hadassah School of Nursing and became an RN. My Israeli husband, Arie, and I moved back to the states when I got pregnant. I had lost a sister in an accident a few years prior and felt that we needed to be closer to my parents. It was so hard to leave Jerusalem! We spent 30 years in A2 where I got my BSN and eventually my MSN and became a pediatric nurse practitioner. We raised 3 boys in A2 and when the 2 oldest, Kori and Barr, moved out to Denver we joined them with our youngest, Avi who was still in high school. We have been in Denver for 7 years and it was the best move! Right away I met Nancy Alterman who invited us to our first Denver break fast! I retired last year as a nurse practitioner at Childrens Hospital CO, my husband and youngest son work for our oldest, Kori, and our middle boy, Barr, is a software developer. I have 2 lovely DILs and 3 grandsons. I am so happy to be part of the NCJW. I enjoy working with strong women and getting involved politically is part of my sanity program! I also loves playing the Ukulele and volunteer at Childrens regularly playing it. I also have volunteered as an election official.
- Public Relations Co-Vice President: Lois Feinstein
- I am a retired freelance copywriter who enjoys now in my free time going to the theater, reading, playing the piano and travelling. My husband Bruce and I have been to all 7 continents and plan on continuing our journeys (the Amazon is on next year’s list). I was also on the first episode of the newest version of Jeopardy! in September 1984. My I am excited to serve on the NCJW board and am inspired by the many social action programs the organization undertakes.
- Public Relations Co-Vice President: Victoria Sanford
- I am in my second year as Co-Vice President of Public Relations, and help manage NCJW Colorado’s website and social media. I also serve on the Scholarship Board for NCJW, and value the emphasis on helping others through a Jewish values-based lens. I hope through my service to continue engaging likeminded individuals in this important work, and spreading the word of all the great programming NCJW offers. Professionally, I am a full-time high school counselor in Aurora Public Schools beginning my seventh year working in education. Personally, I help manage a very busy home with my husband Sean, my two young children Colm and Avi, and a plethora of rescue pets who love to make appearances on Zoom calls.
- Fundraising Vice President: OPEN
Treasurer: Lynn Ritvo
Assistant Treasurer: Jackie Balyeat
Recording Secretary: Phyl Rubinstein
Corresponding Secretary and Courtesy Chair: Lois Feinstein
Parliamentarian and Immediate Past President: Jennifer Dechtman
Logistics Officer: Elaine Stepner
Summit County Liaison: Lynda Black
Chair of Scholarship Committee: Shelley Tuteur
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Sarah Golombek (also Homeless Outreach Chair)
Jane Robbins (also SPA)
HONORARY BOARD MEMBERS
Cindi Coleman (Past President)
Glenda Kaufman (Past President)
Doris Lackner (Honorary National VP & Past President)
Arlene Moss (Past President)
Toots Seigal-Maness (Past President)
Marlene Siegel (Past President)