The National Council of Jewish Women (NCJW) is a grassroots organization of volunteers and advocates who turn progressive ideals into action. Inspired by Jewish values. NCJW strives for social justice by improving the quality of life for women, children, and families, and by safeguarding individual rights and freedoms.
If you meet the stated criteria, we invite you to apply for a National Council of Jewish Women (NCJW), Colorado Section, 2022 Scholarship. The completed application due date is April 18, and late applications will not be accepted. A number of $2,000 scholarships will be awarded and the recipients will be honored at a brunch held on July 10, 2022 at The Golda Meir House Museum.
• Identify as a Jewish woman
• Must be at least 16 years old
• Colorado resident
• Applied to a college, junior college, community college, vocational or technical school, and plans to attend that post-secondary institution in the 2022-2023 academic year. Non-traditional and current college students are welcome to apply.
• Acceptance letter to post-secondary institution must be provided no later than April 18, 2022
• Provide both FAFSA Student Aid Report and Financial Aid Award Letter.
• Demonstrated academic performance within their class program (e.g., GED, college-prep or vocational program) [via high school or college transcript, or vocational/technical school transcript]
• Demonstrated Jewish and/or other community involvement as well as personal growth potential [through two letters of recommendation and student essay]. One (1) recommendation letter must be submitted by a teacher, school official, or professor plus one (1) recommendation letter letter submitted by a supervisor or mentor from within the student’s community (e.g., Jewish community or secular community)
• Completed NCJW Scholarship Application, with all required supporting documentation, including essay and acceptance letter from higher learning institution, submitted online by April 18, 2022 deadline date. Late applications will not be accepted.
For more information on our scholarship program, please contact Shelley Tuteur at email@example.com.
For decades we have been providing scholarships to young Jewish Colorado women in need who desiring to continue their education after high school. The scholarships are given in honor of the women who have shaped our organization and by current members for a variety of reasons. A scholarship can be perpetual or a one time event. If you would like to honor someone by providing a scholarship please contact us.
Use the following links to read more about each scholarship and the past recipients: